18/01/2015

(For me) teaching is not about waiting for the next job

Hmm...
Its already on the two third of the first month of this year and it also means almost one month I teach mathematics officially in a school (again). Until now, I really enjoy it and very gratefull for the opportunity that Allah gives for me.

Teaching in a school yeah of course it means transffering the mathematical knowledge to the students. -we should discuss more about the word transffering we interpret to-. But it is not only that. We also going trough students' developing processes. How we contribute to their character building, how we  take our part on the process, not to push them to be what we like, but to provide them with opportunity to express and to look up to themselves in depth. We also responsible to provide the students with the right value of life. I use the term right value rather than the common value because nowadays we can see there are many values that have a shifting of its meaning. Therefore, we have to make sure that the students still on the right track.

The school is the place where we can influence the students with many thought. Many -ism, many point of view and many choice of life path. Therefore, when I have a vision, a dream of a better world then the school should be one of the first steps I have committed to.

In this globalitation era, where the liberalitation also concern with the social and education world, there is no place for us (me) to keep silent and not making a move. We have to make sure that we give our effort to save our next generation from the damage caused by liberalism, secularism, hedonism and etc.
Yes, we have to make a move!!!!

So, do not ever think that I am teaching because I just want to kill the time until I got the new job.

I pray to Allah, that He will gives me opportunity to contribute to this movement, the saving of our next generation. In my current job and even for the next job I have. I will always concern to the education world insya Allah.

I am praying that I could be a lecturer and a school teacher at the same time. :) it will be challenging I think.

Wallahualam

0 comments: